The business scope of the CPIA includes the following.
1. Implement relevant government policies and regulations; provide recommendations on the development of the industry to relevant government departments and agencies;
2. Provide information consultancy based on the research of the PV industry and market, produce industrial statistics based on authorization, provide timely information of industrial survey, market trends and economic projections to its members and government departments, and provide guidance on policy, information and market;
3. Participate in making industrial, national or international standards, and develop and improve product certification and qualification systems;
4. Promote collaboration in technology, economy, management and intellectual property within the PV industry and with other industries, and coordination among its members;
5. Protect the legitimate rights and interests of its members, strengthen IP protection, oppose unfair competition, promote industry best practice, develop and improve market mechanism, and create a preferable industrial and public opinion environment; 6. Conduct industrial, technological, market and academic exchanges. Organize seminars on industrial, technological and market development and product exhibitions to help members explore domestic and overseas markets based on government mandate or market and industrial needs;
7. Strengthen communication and exchange with relevant organizations and businesses at home and abroad, promote various forms of international exchange and cooperation, uphold the interests and the image of the Chinese PV industry, and actively respond to international disputes;
8. Organize training for technical professionals, executives and technical workers;
9. Organize evaluation and awards within the industry as approved by relevant government departments;
10. Edit and publish industrial journals according to relevant rules;
11. Promote public welfare activities conducive to the development of the PV industry, and;
12. Accomplish tasks assigned by government departments.